Job Title: Functional Skills Tutor
Hourly Rate: £16- £20ph (depending on experience)
Location: Whitechapel, London
Job-Type: Part time sessional work
Subject: Maths and English Entry level 1, 2, 3 and level 1
To provide high quality face-to-face and online, formal scheduled teaching, including planning, delivery, assessment and review and educational information, advice and guidance (IAG); alongside curriculum development. To be responsible for preparation, marking and evaluation of learners’ work, examination preparation and feedback on FS in English and Mathematics from entry level to level 1 qualifications.
Working in the Education & Employment (E&E) department, you will be expected to meet the Trust’s standards of work.
- Plan and deliver functional skills sessions in a class based and online setting.
- Produce Scheme of Work and lesson plan
- To prepare and review session plans
- To improve learners experience through development of teaching methods and strategies
- Embed Equality and Diversity & British Values in the curriculum
- Prepare learners for examinations to gain the appropriate qualifications
- Continually monitor and review learners’ progress and support through tutorials
- Assist in the writing, design and development of curriculum through planning time and standardisation meetings
- Monitor attendance, punctuality and progress whilst building portfolios with learners
- To consistently deliver a ‘good’ standard of teaching and learning
- Assist in meeting targets, progression and achievement of all learners.
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork in line with Osmani Trust’s Policy
- Promote and comply with Osmani Trust’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake necessary training to professionally develop and keep abreast with current practices and legislation within the sector.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Undertake any other routine task when requested Qualification
- Qualified tutor with relevant qualification
- Experience in delivering functional skills
- A recognised Teaching Qualification (PGCE, Cert Ed, PTLLS,DTLLS)
- GCSE English and Mathematics (grade A* to C) or equivalent
- IAG level 2 or above (desirable)
- Safeguarding & Prevention training (desirable) this can be provided by Osmani Trust.
- The ability to work within a team and on your own initiative.
- The ability to relate positively to people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
- The ability to represent Osmani Trust appropriately in all situations, and to work professionally with external agencies.
- To be able to plan session and deliver
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- An understanding of confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- An understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunities.
- An understanding of Health and Safety and an ability to manage the associated requirements practically and professionally.
- Effective numerical skills and good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to keep accurate records of work.
- Basic IT skills, including competence with word processing, spreadsheets and email and the ability to learn how to use new IT applications.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and satisfactory reference checks.
If you feel you are the right candidate, please email your CV with a covering letter stating which subject/s you are able to deliver to: email@example.comIf you wish to have an informal chat about the vacancy please call Azad Hussain (E&E Project Manager) or Goyas Miah (Finance & HR Manager) 0207 247 8080
- Until suitable candidate(s) is found