THE ROLE OF SHAATHI
Shaathi seeks to connect its clients to a positive role model. Mentors provide advice, guidance, practical assistance, emotional support, encouragement and adopt a non-judgemental attitude towards the client’s life – these may be issues relating to family, housing, bullying, health, relationship and so forth. The service is strictly confidential as well as person centred.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The Social Mentoring Programme is for children and young people who are from the BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic) community and are aged from
The Young Offenders Programme is for young people and young adults who are from BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic) community and are aged from
15 – 21 years and are registered or known as offenders or ex-offenders.
THE AIM OF THE SHAATHI PROGRAMME IS TO:
• Provide a positive role model
• Raise clients self confidence, esteem and career aspirations
• Promote and encourage healthy life styles
• Enable positive and constructive use of time
• Provide social, practical and emotional support
• Reduce offending and anti-social behaviour
• Improve social, communication and life skills
• Direct or refer clients to complimentary services
• Provide a culturally sensitive service
• Provide a holistic service and support for families and carers
• Ensure clients work towards achieving accreditation
• Work towards reducing the risk of re-offending