The Mentoring and Befriending Foundation aims to ensure that mentoring and befriending are at the centre of current and future national volunteering strategies.
Through the promotion of standards and a range of support structures and services, the Foundation aims to provide a quality experience for the volunteer and a successful outcome for mentees and befriendees.
The practical benefits of achieving the APS include:
- External recognition for safe and effective practice in mentoring and befriending
- APS is an accepted benchmark by government departments and other funding bodies that will help with your funding applications
- Increased public confidence in your mentoring or befriending programmes to help promote your programme to potential service users and volunteers
- Provides a ‘health check’ of your project to ensure that you are operating in a professional way
- Certification and use of the ‘Approved Provider Standard’ logo, to help promote and raise the profile of your project